Spinal bone spur treatment usually begins with a combination of conservative, nonsurgical methods that aim to control the pain and other symptoms associated with this condition. These treatments can include pain medication, corticosteroid injections, low-impact exercise and hot/cold compresses. If you believe you may be dealing with a spinal bone spur, it is best to schedule an appointment with your physician, as only qualified medical professionals can assess your symptoms, diagnose your condition and recommend a course of treatment that will be most effective in treating your condition.
Alternative methods of spinal bone spur treatment
In addition to using conservative methods of bone spur treatment, some individuals choose to explore a number of uncommon methods of treatment on their own. Although these alternative treatments are not widely recognized among medical professionals, many individuals have found relief from their bone spur symptoms through the use of:
- Chiropractic manipulation. A chiropractor manually adjusts the vertebrae and discs in an individual’s spine.
- Massage therapy. A therapist uses their hands to relax tense muscles around the spine.
- Herbal supplements. Natural herbs, such as ginger or valerian root, are taken to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Acupuncture. Very thin needles are inserted at specific points on the body to promote natural pain relief.
- Yoga. This form of exercise helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles around the spine while also promoting relaxation.
Surgery as a form of bone spur treatment
If several weeks or months of conservative or alternative treatment are not enough to manage the pain and other symptoms caused by your spinal bone spur, your physician may recommend you consider surgery. If you find yourself in this situation, consider the minimally invasive outpatient procedures performed at USA Spine Care. Our procedures offer many advantages compared to traditional open spine surgery, including a reduced risk of infection and complications as well as a shorter recovery time. If you have been advised to consider surgery as a form of bone spur treatment and are wondering if our procedures could provide you with meaningful relief, contact USA Spine Care today.
Our team will gladly review your MRI at no cost to determine if you are a potential candidate for one of our procedures.