Home » Spine Conditions » Facet Syndrome » Read about five facet syndrome treatment options that many patients don’t try
The most common approaches to facet syndrome treatment include medications, exercise and physical therapy. Some physicians might also suggest hot/cold therapy, facet joint blocks and activity modifications as needed. While these treatments can provide noticeable improvements on their own, they can also be supplemented with complementary and alternative therapies.
What is complementary and alternative medicine?
Complementary and alternative medicine refers to any number of back pain treatments that fall outside the bounds of traditional medicine. While these therapies haven’t yet been made part of mainstream facet syndrome treatment protocols, they do still offer many potential benefits to individuals who choose to use them.
Alternative therapies for facet syndrome
Some of the most common alternative therapies for facet syndrome include:
- Chiropractic adjustments. Professional chiropractic care can help temporarily relieve pain and put the spine back into proper alignment.
- Yoga. A combination of gentle physical stretches and mental relaxation exercises, yoga offers many benefits to individuals undergoing facet syndrome treatment.
- Acupuncture. This ancient practice uses thin, strategically placed needles to promote proper energy flow. Many individuals have found it quite beneficial in dealing with neck and back pain.
- Aromatherapy. Scented oils such as lavender and peppermint may be able to help with pain relief, relaxation, clarity and emotional well-being.
- Therapeutic massage. Not only does massage help dissipate neck and back pain, but it also promotes better circulation and reduced anxiety.
Surgical treatment options
While many individuals with facet syndrome are able to find adequate pain relief through nonsurgical methods, there are occasional instances in which surgery is necessary to address persistent discomfort. Offering minimally invasive alternatives to traditional facet syndrome surgery, USA Spine Care has helped many individuals reclaim their lives from chronic pain. To find out if you are a candidate for our outpatient facet syndrome treatment options, contact USA Spine Care today.
Browse Related Resources