Home » Spine Conditions » Degenerative Spine » What type of doctor treats a degenerative spine?
As you grow older, the everyday tension and stress that is placed on your spine begins to take its toll in the form of degeneration. Your discs, which act as shock absorbers between the vertebrae and allow your spine to maintain flexibility, begin to dehydrate and weaken. This can compromise the placement of your discs and lead to a number of degenerative spine issues, including herniated/bulging discs, spinal stenosis, sciatica and bone spurs, just to name a few.
If you have a degenerative spine condition, you may be experiencing a number of symptoms, including localized or radiating pain, tingling, numbness, weakness and limited range of motion. There are many medical professionals who can help treat your condition, including the following:
- Primary care physicians — who can prescribe pain medications and refer you to the right specialist
- Rheumatologists — who can treat noninfectious inflammatory conditions of the joints and soft tissues
- Neurosurgeons — who specialize in treating disorders of the central nervous system, including the spinal column and spinal cord
- Orthopedic surgeons — who deal primarily in bone and muscle disorders
- Chiropractors — who use nonsurgical methods such as manual manipulation to realign the spine
Finding relief from the symptoms caused by a degenerative spine can be difficult, but if you’ve exhausted all conservative treatments, USA Spine Care may have a solution: minimally invasive spine surgery. We have performed more than 100,000 procedures, which require a less than 1-inch incision, incorporate muscle-sparing techniques and involve less scarring and recovery time than traditional open spine surgeries.^
To receive more information about the treatment options we have available for those living with a degenerative spine condition, contact USA Spine Care today. We can provide you with a free MRI review* and tell you whether you are a potential candidate for the minimally invasive procedures we offer.
Browse Related Resources